Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's Been Far Too Long

I have had very little motivation to blog lately. But I have decided that now, while sitting in PSY101, is the best time to finally do it. So I'll just dive right in.

Last week was one of the best weeks of my life! It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL all week. It was sunny and warm. Warm enough to go out in a t-shirt and be comfortable. And the weather just made everyone super happy! It was amazing and I loved it.

Wednesday was St. Patrick's Day. I had class at 8, work at 10:30, and class again at 4:10. but, I was free after 5:30. I then did something celebratory before meeting the tenor and mello freshmen for dinner at the Union. After dinner I went back to my room to take a nap before walking over to the Tenor Haus with Jonathan. The Tenor Haus was so much fun! I met some fun new people too. And, as uzsh, Jonathan and I were the last people to leave. Even though we only left at like 12:30 or 1. It was a really fun night.

This weekend was amazing! I went to Dearborn for District Convention for KKPSi. I learned a lot from all the workshops I went to. It was a great experience. But, Kate, Rudi, and I missed the ritual because we were watching the basketball game. lol. So, we decided to go in the hot tub and pool while everyone was at ritual. It was fun. The best thing that happened all weekend, however, was winning the Gov Cup. The Zeta Epsilon chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi won the the Governor's Cup, the award for most outstanding chapter in the district! We were all so excited! Some people were even brought to tears by it! It was an amazing feeling to get recognized for all the hard work our chapter puts in and we were all very gracious and excited about it. It was just amazing.

Though Convention was amazing, it sucked the life out of me. And my roommates. Kate, Rudi, and I left the hotel sick that day. I don't know if it was from the pool or from the sick people that surrounded Kate during NCDIB, but it was terrible. Kate even missed the opening session because she was feeling so bad. I skipped my classes and work yesterday due to illness. I'm getting better now, hopefully Kate and Rudi are too.

Today is going really well, thus far. I learned that everything the media has ever told us about gender roles in relationships is completely false in COM225. And I think I'm gonna dip out of PSY101 earl because I'm not paying attention at all and I've learned it all twice before. And I absolutely cannot wait until band tonight. I'm really excited to play this challenging music. But, I think I'm gonna go now.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment