Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Break!

Well, I'm in college now and Spring Break is kind of a big deal here. You're supposed to go on road trips and go out of state and just go. I was totally going to do that!

Kate invited me to her home in Connecticut for Spring Break along with Keine. At first, I wasn't sure about it because of the money thing, but she said it would be basically free since we'd be staying at her house an not in a hotel. Then I was all for it! I thought it'd be really fun to go on a road trip/Spring Break excursion with Kate and Keine! But, many things happened...too many things. First, there was what I now refer to as "The Incident" (no, I will not elaborate). Second, there was the fact that I apparently didn't tell them I could go in time, as they had already bought TWO tickets for a play and not THREE. Finally, I had to have surgery a week before leaving. So yeah, it was basically a hook-line-sinker type of deal. I'm really sad and disappointed I can't go. :(

Now I get to go home to Westland for Spring Break. Yay. I was trying to throw together a trip to Chicago really quick, but that fizzled out fast. So, it looks like it's just gonna be a bunch of sleeping in, sitting around, catching up on readings, and going to Red Apple/Blue Roof. Actually, I think I kinda wanna just stay in East Lansing for the week. I mean, it'd be hella-boring but I'd still be at the place where I'm happiest. But, I can't do that because I have to give Danielle a ride home and I already told my dad and he'd freak out on me if I changed plans. Wasteland, here I come! haha

But, I do have things to look forward to at the end/after break. The very last day of break is the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Detroit. My high school marching band marches in that parade and it's my favorite parade that we do. Now I get to see what it looks like from the outside! So excited! Then later that day I'm going back to school (which is really a good thing in itself). I have a Kappa meeting that night too. Then at the end of the week is District Convention! I'm excited for that. AND I'm rooming with Kate (so, I'll still get to have a mini-road trip/excursion with her)! Rudi and Vicky are with us too! It's gonna be so much fun. Oh! The rest of my Triplet set will be there too (Jonathan and Chrissy). So, that just DOUBLES the amount of fun that will be had.

Okay, I'm getting sidetracked now. I have to stop. Happy Spring Break!!

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment