Tuesday, January 19, 2010

It's Date Night!!!

We had Tenor Freshmen Date Night tonight. Just the five of us freshmen T-Saxes going to dinner and a movie and just straight up bonding. I really enjoyed spending time away from all the vets. Not that I don't love them all to death, it's just good to be with people who are all in the same boat and all have the same amount of experience in the SMB as me. Anyway, here's what we did. We went to see Sherlock Holmes (which is really good!) and then we went to the Union for dinner. We all had a good time and I think we're gonna do this more often.

On another note. Don't you hate that awkward phase after a fight with your friend? It's just so...awkward. I mean, everything is all cleared up and you're no longer hating each other, but it's like you don't know how to act around each other. I hate that. And then, for some friends it lasts FOREVER but with others it last a whole 5 seconds and then you're back to gossiping about how hot Jude Law is in Sherlock Holmes (oh, I mean...nope, that's what I mean, he's pretty hot in that movie.). I recently had an "incident" with one of my friends and went through the aforementioned "awkward phase". It was sufficiently awkward, but it was brief, so all is well now. I just felt the need to blog about it because that's what blogs are for.

Now back to band. Is it too early to be excited for Preseason? I just can't wait to get back from summer break and see everyone! I mean, I see them all the time now, but I won't in like 4 months. I can't wait to be in the block (yes, I AM GOING to make it in the block next year). I can't wait to go to Freshman Dress and watch as the new Tenors become true members of the Spartan Marching Band. I can't wait to smell of hard work. I can't wait to go home and gush to Justin about how much I've missed the SMB, rather than going to my dorm room and crying to my parents about how much I hate it. I can't wait to see the looks on the freshmen's faces as we do The Series for them the first time. I can't wait to make new memories with new (and old) people. I just can't wait!!!

Tomorrow is going to be a pretty chill day. I have COM 225, which I love, at 10:20 to 11:40am. I'm going to lunch with Danielle after that, I feel we need to catch up and have some roomie time. Then I'm gonna go back to my room, maybe take a nap, and get my readings done for WRA 115. Then around 5ish I'm going to dinner at Conrad's College Town Grill with Justin and Keine to support Kappa Kappa Psi. And finally, Campus Band from 7:00-9:50pm in which I will be playing Tenor Sax alongside Brad. We're also supposed to have a mandatory floor meeting at 9:30 about some drama that happened tonight, but obviously I can't make it to that. Wow. That kinda looks like a busy day, but it's really not when you think about the time span it's over.

Well, I have be at my favorite class, COM 225, in about 6 hours and 20 minutes. Which means I have to be up and in the shower in about 5 hours. I should probably go to bed now.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment