Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Just My Future, NBD.

I think it may be a bad thing that I find myself wanting to drop an HB course for a PSY one. Why is this bad? Hospitality Business is my major, not Psychology. I mean, if I could major in HB and specialize or minor in Psych, my life would be great! But, sadly, MSU does not offer either of these options. I don't know what it is about Psychology. I just find it incredibly interesting. Don't tell any University faculty this, but I sat in on a friend's Psych class once...and I took more notes in that class than I had in any classes I was actually enrolled in. And now I'm taking COM 225- Intro to Interpersonal Communication, which is kind of like a psych class...and I absolutely love it.

I would change my major to Psychology in a hot minute! But, I have no idea what I'd do with a degree in Psychology. Most people would say I could do anything with a Psych degree, but I don't know what I would WANT to do. Got any ideas? I'm completely serious, if you have an idea, please tell me. As of now, the plan is to open a restaurant with my HB degree. I guess I could do that with a Psych degree, but I really have no idea what I'm doing in the business of hospitality so I kind of need to keep HB as my major. And I HATE that my advisor gave me so many HB courses as freshman because what if I actually do change my major? I will have spent all that money on classes I don't even need. That's a big thing that's keeping me from changing majors.

I just wish I knew what I wanted. It would really make my life a whole lot easier. And I wish I could talk to my parents (or anyone) about this, but I feel like my mom would beat up and then pull me out of MSU because I don't know what I want to do. She's made comments about me going to community college instead because it's cheaper, so she would really make me leave. Ugh, it's just hard. But, I'm seriously considering taking some Psych courses next year. They can be my electives (yeah, I beat the system!). Hopefully I figure it out.

And seriously. If you have ideas, tell me. Thanks!

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment