Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, How I Love Sleep

Today was pretty good (thankfully). I woke up still incredibly tired, even after 7 hours of sleep. I was so tired that I was falling asleep in my favorite class. But, I made it through. After COM, I had to trek all the way to Vet Med in the freezing cold. I really hate East campus; I had to ask Justin three times about where I was going. I eventually found the lecture hall my Psych class was going to be held in. Speaking of Psych, I was right; it was hella-boring and I've learned all this info twice before. Whatev, it's an easy 4pt and a pre-req out of the way so I can take more exciting Psych courses later. After class (in which I spent a good 30 minutes on both Facebook and Twitter), I went to a late lunch with Zack. It was good to catch up with him, though he said nothing about Deanna which makes me wonder. Then I went to the library with Justin for a study party. I rediscovered Frank Ticheli, got to chill with Justin and got a couple Psych assignments done, so it was a couple hours well spent. Around 6:27pm, Justin reminded me that I needed to get my Tenor from my room for Campus Band, so I had to race back to Brody from the Library to get it and then book it to Dem. I made it on time thankfully. Band went well and then it was done. After, I went back to my room and filled out the application for South complex that Kate finally sent me. So, hopefully I'll be getting a job soon. Then I did some reading (but not really) and now here I am.

It's currently 12:57am. If I went to bed at this time any other day, it would be considered "early" for me. But, I have to get up at 7:10am in order to be at Bessey by 8:00am. I'm so gonna bullshit my way through WRA tomorrow morning; I just looked up the court cases on Wikipedia and that was the extent of my reading. Whatev, I'll make up the readings on Friday, which I've now decided to rename "Do-A-Weeks-Worth-Of-Reading Day".

Danielle apparently has Strep Throat, according to Olin. All I have to say is, "She better not give that shit to me!". I really can't get Strep again. If I do, then I can just say (as Kate says) "War" to my tonsils. I kinda like my tonsils, so I don't want to get Strep. Plus, it really hurts.

I need sleep so bad. It's all I can think about. Really, I was with Zack today and all I could think of was how tired I am. I've discovered that I kind of base my schedule around maximizing the amount of sleep I can get. For instance, I'm going to lunch at noon with Justin tomorrow; when I get back to my room I will have about 2.5 hours to sleep. And if I really hurry and book it back here after WRA, then I can probably sneak in a half an hour of sleep. See?! I think it's probably a bad thing to base your life around sleep. Oh well, it's happening. You know what else is happening? Me going to bed...right now. Good night!

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

Explanation behind "War": Kate emailed me that application and signed it "War, Kate". I was confused too. But at the bottom it read, "As in the opposite of 'peace' as a salutation." I laughed so hard. She's a clever one, that Kate.

Explanation behind "Hugs and Kisses, Ellie": In 8th grade, one of my favorite teachers always ended her little announcements to the class with "Hugs and Kisses, Mrs. Kaminski". And since I started writing a blog, I needed a signature thingy. All I could think of was Mrs. Kaminksi, so that's what I put. It makes me think of her every time I write it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment