Sunday, January 31, 2010

MSU, We Love Thy Shadows...

I was walking to the library tonight at around 1:45am, just walkin' to get there like college kids with a paper to print usually do. But then I looked up and saw the moonlight hit a pine tree in the most beautiful way imaginable and I just fell in love with the campus all over again. I literally walked to and from the library smiling. That sounds a little weird, but if you saw what I saw... It just made me realize how lucky I am to be going to Michigan State University. I love when I realize that; it just hits me out of nowhere. And not only do I attend this great university, I am also in the Spartan Marching Band. How amazing is that? How many people can say that they were a part of the Spartan Marching Band, a band rich with tradition and excellence.

I don't think many people really stop to think about their lives and how lucky they are. Say you're having a stressful day and you have 2 papers due and an exam to study for. That's all you're gonna think about. But if you just stop for five seconds and see your own "moonlit pine tree", then you'll realize just how great your life actually is. It's pretty amazing.

This place is where I'm the happiest and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I just had to write that experience down. There'll be more today. I mean, I still have to write about my weekend.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment