Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Slow to Horrible to Better to Great!

That is how today went. I woke up on time but took a little too long to get ready. And by "ready", I mean throw on some sweats, brush my teeth, and wash my face. I had to leave my room by 7:30am in order to have enough time to walk over to Bessey for my 8am WRA. I ended up leaving at 7:40 and was therefore forced to take a bus. I made it to class with 5 minutes to spare though! But, then I was falling asleep during class, that is until Justin texted me "Wake the fuck up and go to class! (that is all)". After WRA, I went back to my room and did my homework for HB 201 and then took a nap. Then I had to go to the library to print out my homework, but I have no cash because my PIN number still has yet to arrive! So Justin, the lifesaver that he is, allowed me to use his printer AND he gave me money to catch the bus from Gilchrist to the Eppley Center. I was almost late, but I made it. The "better" part comes in here, in HB 201. We basically took a skills and interests survey to make sure we are in the correct area of study, apparently...I am not. After class, I walked to Wilson for my math class, in which we learned how to solve for x. (Please note the extreme amount of sarcastic joy in the previous sentence.) BUT, we had a sub that knew how to teach and she let us out 30 minutes early. I then met Justin for an early dinner. Keine, who is a Psychology major, and Michal ran into us there and decided to eat with us. Then Justin and I met Wings to go paint some mugs in the Union, but they ran out, so we just ate again. This concludes my day, which ended greatly. Sorry for all the rambling.

I called my parents today to see how badly they would freak out about my decision to change majors. Surprisingly, they didn't. My dad actually told me that he wasn't too keen on my HB major and much rather preferred Psychology. They told me to do whatever I was interested in and whatever would make me happy, but also to keep in mind that it will involve work. As if I didn't know. Now all I have to do is decide how I want to use this Psychology degree and the career I want to pursue. I will hopefully be able to do this easier now because Keine (who is a Psych major) posted a link to a bunch of Psych careers on my facebook wall. (Thanks, Dawg!) So, I have some deciding to do and some classes to drop.

Tomorrow I have one class (my fave, COM 225). Then I'm going to lunch with my big brother, Rachelle, so we can study for my final exam for Kappa Kappa Psi. After that I have to go talk to my Undergraduate Advisor about dropping my HB classes and switching them with (hopefully) a Psych course. When that's done, it'll officially be the weekend for me. Hopefully Jonathan and I will be going to dinner/late night with Kate too. Then I'll be going to Ann Arbor with Kappa for MER! I'm excited to learn more about the fraternity. And, finally, on Sunday I will go through Third Degree for KKPsi and officially be an active member!!! I'm even more excited for that!

All in all, I'm really looking forward to the future and the next few days to come! And I just need to give one last shout-out to my good friend, Keine, the Psychology major. :)

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment