Monday, February 8, 2010

I Don't Think They Get It...

Actually, I didn't get it myself until very recently. You're probably wondering what I'm talking about. I'll tell you: friendship and it's level of importance to me. My friends are pretty much my family. We even fight like a family does, I mean, let's be real. Anyway, I've thought of my friends as my family since probably my freshman year of high school. But, it wasn't until a few days ago that I realized just how important they are to me and just how much I would do for them.

Picture this: It's 1:30am. My sister, roommate, and roommate's sister are fast asleep. I'm climbing the ladder to my loft. Then my phone vibrates alerting me to a text message. My friend tells me they broke up with their significant other. Without even thinking about it, I jump down, throw some pants on, and head out the door to comfort this friend....a 25 minute walk away in the freezing cold. I just love my friend that much. Okay, now I always told myself that I would do that, but I guess I didn't really believe it. Then I did it and it just made me think how important my friends are to me and how much I really love them.

I don't think my friends understand just how much I would do for them. If it's between consoling a friend at 2:00am and get sleep for my exam that's at 8:00am, the friend wins. That makes me sound like a bad student, but I'm really not, I promise. If my friend needs a place to stay for a few nights, my futon is always open to them. If a friend needs help with school, I will do my best to teach what I know or find someone who knows better. The only thing I probably couldn't help with is a monetary issue; I am lacking in that area as well. Haha. But, yeah. I am always there to listen when a friend needs it. I'm just there for my friends. Accept it. Haha.

I just don't think my friends have realized all that yet. They'll get it though. I feel like there was a lot of rambling in this entry. Moral of the story: I love my friends to death and will always be there for them.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

P.S. Sorry for all the cheese, I just had to make all that known.

No comments:

Post a Comment