Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lil' Sibs and Super Bowl XLIV!

This was a very eventful weekend, I must say. Kaitie and Deanna came up to visit for Lil' Sibs Weekend. We did many things together.

They arrived around 4:30pm on Friday (I only know the time because I was right in the middle of watching Ellen). We kinda just sat around in our room until about 6:00pm when we left for dinner at SnyPhi. We had to make a quick stop at the Union so I could give Keith the bullet I made for Kate and so Danielle could get some moneda. We arrived to a half-full SnyPhi around 7:00ish. That dinner was so ridiculous. It was full of food "falling" and laughter. After SnyPhi, we went back to our room for 2.5 to see if Danielle got a bid or not (she didn't, sad face) and then we left for Wells to see "Where the Wild Things Are". The movie was terrible, do not see it. It did not at all resemble the book I remember. After the movie, we went to Rather to get some free movies from the RHA office. We got "A League of Their Own", "Bend It Like Becham", "Uptown Girls" (R.I.P. Brittany Murphy), and something else. But what did we end up watching when we got back to the room? Spice World. Yep, a movie I already owned. I mean, it wasn't a bad decision because we love the Spice Girls, it was just pointless to rent movies (even if they were free). Then we went to bed. Actually, I had slept until 2:30pm so I stayed up to watch "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" on hulu. Around 1:30am, I received a text from Justin informing me that I was needed. So, naturally, I threw on some pants and left for the 24-Hour Biggby Coffee to meet up with him. I discovered that Nicole works there, she also made me one of the best Hot Chocolate's I have ever had (thanks Nicole!). Justin and I talked for about an hour and a half and then decided that it was late and we had to go. I got home and went to bed around 3:00am.

On Saturday, we decided to hit up Meridian Mall. But apparently I was taking too long to shower so Deanna and Danielle left without me and Kaitie. Whatev, we hit up the Union for 2.5 before meeting them. A visit to the foodcourt was the first order of business for us, so that's what we did. There we ran into Wings and Marker! I love seeing my friends at the mall, I just love it. After our brief convo and lunch, we made a stop at the Campus Den and loaded Kaitie up with some MSU gear ($76.56 worth). Kaitie and I also took a "ride" in the Hurricane Simulator, so much fun!! Then we went back to the room. Justin came over to play with us before Amy picked us up to go on our Squad 51 Date at Altu's, the Ethiopian restaurant. Ethiopian, not for me. I tried it, didn't like it. But I tried it, Kaitie was surprised the world didn't end (I don't try things). Then Danielle, the sweetheart that she is, took us all to the Dairy Store for ice cream. Again, so good! Then Amy dropped me, Kaitie, and Justin off at Jess's apt for a Mexican Fiesta. That was fun. We met Jess's friend, Mariana, she's pretty cool. Then we made our trip home around midnight. And because Jess lives in Cedar Village, we HAD to make a stop at Insomnia on the way back. The journey was cold and long, but we made it home around 1:00am. I had to go to bed right when we got back because I had Kappa at 1:15pm...and that's early for me.

We woke up around noon on Sunday and just sat and conversated for about 45 minutes before I had to get ready to go meet Jonathan to walk over to the music building. So, I met up with Jonathan at 1:00pm and we made the journey to room 245 of the Music Building. We got a lot done at Kappa today. At least, I think so. I don't know how much is "a lot" for them, but for me it was. I have to decide what committee I want to be on. That's gonna be a tough one. Eh, I'll make it. Oh, and did I mention that I have the best Big ever? Not only did she buy me 51 Nerf bullets, but she said she's going to buy my Rec bar for KKPsi. I love her (thanks Rachelle!). Kaitie and Deanna had gone home by the time I got back from Kappa, so I tried to do some studying before going to Sean and Bryan's Super Bowl party. But, I found my Spazzys CD and just couldn't get anything done because I was singing too much. Oh and then RENT came on Danielle's iPod..... Anyway, I left to meet up with Justin at around 5:30pm and then Chrissy picked us up from his room at about 6:15pm. We missed kick-off, but it's no big. It was really fun! Lot's of deep-fried food and a Saints win later, we had to go. I got to my room around 10:00pm. I went on Facebook and then took a brief nap, then I went to the library to get some studying done. Actually, I'm doing that now...at 3:30am. I got a lot done, so I'm gonna say "deuces" to the piece now.

Tomorrow I have class from 8-9:50am and then I'm going back to my room to sleep. Then I start my training for the caf in at 1:00pm in Wonders. I'm excited to finally start making money! I get done with that at 3:00pm and then I'm just gonna chillax until Math at 4:10pm. Or maybe have lunch with Kristin if she's off work. After Math, I'm supposed to be helping Amy study for her Psych exam at SnyPhi. Then I'll probably go back to the library to do some reading for COM 225. But, for now, I'm done. Good night, friends!

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment