Monday, February 15, 2010

The Soundtrack to My Life

There are three (technically three) lines from Kid Cudi's song "The Soundtrack to My Life" that describe my life right now. "I got 99 problems and they all bitches." Haha, just kidding, that's not one of them. They are as follows: "I've got some issues that nobody can see" and "And all of these emotions are pouring out of me". I realize that there are only two lines there. There's a reason for that.

Apparently I forgot to blog on Thursday AND this entire weekend. I guess that's where I'll start. And I'll try my best to actually use paragraphs because I apparently don't know what those are.

THURSDAY: I slept through all two of my classes. So I was very unproductive class-wise. But, I did go to the Finance Committee meeting to see what that was all about. And after that I went to PRIDE with Justin. Then I went home and probably stayed up forever. I can't really remember because it was so long ago.

FRIDAY: My dad picked me up around 9:00am. He took me to Wilson really quick so I could turn in my Soc. Sec. card for the caf. Then we went home so I could do some laundry for free, return the stuff Kaitie left, and retrieve the stuff she forgot to bring me. I also briefly converse with Mr.Diroff, my HS band director, when I picked Kaitie up from school. He said that I might be able to come back and be an instructor at band camp this summer!

I really hope the dates for Pre-Season for the Spartan Marching Band cooperate with the date for Pre-Camp for the Zebra Marching Band. I always wanted to come back and instruct. I think it'd be really rewarding and I actually think that I could learn a lot just by teaching. I just hope I teach fundamentals and visual stuff rather than music because my musical abilities aren't exactly great. And visuals would be so cool for this show!

After I picked Kaitie up, we went to the store to try to find me some jeans really quick. We didn;t find any jeans but we found some girl scouts selling cookies. We bought two boxes of Tagalongs. Haha. Then we went home and about 20 minutes later, my dad took me back to school. Then I rushed to get ready for the Dischords concert.

Justin met me and Danielle at our room and then we had to try to battle the WWE traffic to get to the Wharton Center. We thought we were gonna miss the first couple of songs since we were 10 minutes late, but we were just in time! BPW opened the show with a solo of Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance". He was so good!! We heard some old and new songs. One of which featured Michal as the soloist on Michael Buble's "Haven't Met You Yet". He was amazing!! All in all, the show was great!

After the show, we went to Landon for some dinner because we were dying of starvation. We ran into Keine and her friend, Jess, while we were there. So we ate with them, well, we ate with Jess since Keine was gone and on the phone for a good portion of the meal. Haha. But it was totally okay, Jess is nice. Then they left us and we went back to Justin's room for 2.5. We then decided to go to the after-party that the Dischords were having, so we met up with Julie and a few of her friends at the Union and walked over together.

That party was ridiculous! There were a million people there, so we left kinda early. But not before I could get someone mad at me because of a joke I made. It really was a joke and was directed at a friend, but it was taken the wrong way (which is not new). But I tried to fix it by explaining myself and my intent. We shall see the outcome.

Speaking of jokes being taken the wrong way. How 'bout I just stop making jokes that could be taken the wrong way? Good idea. I'm really gonna try hard to work on that, because it's doing wonders to mess up my friendships. If I've learned anything from COM 225, it's that ALL communication is IRREVERSIBLE. You can't take it back. And that sucks. But you sure can try to make up for it. So that's what I'm going to do. So there's that.

Anyway.

SATURDAY: It was a very lazy day, Saturday. I think I slept until about 4:30pm. What can I say? I like sleep. Anyway, I pretty much just stayed in my room and watched some Olympics and stuff for awhile. Then Justin came over so we could meet Jonathan and Jack to walk over to the Tenor Haus together.

The Tenor Haus. When we first arrived, everything was good and there were no problems. The night progressed. I'll just give you key words because I am NOT explaining everything. They are as follows: funnel, Drake, finger cuts, nerf guns, Spring Break, slop, alumni, alone, kisses, slop, fun, pelvic-thrust circle, tears, friends, scraped knees, bad decisions, Jimmy John's, Apple, new friends, fun, and slop. I don't know how I feel about that night yet. At the time, it was good and fun. But looking back, I just don't know. (This is where the song comes into play) There are some things I can't stop thinking about, and I REALLY wish I could. Yeah, I'm just not sure how I feel about it yet. Though, talking to Jonathan made me feel sooooo much better. He's so good at that, and I love him for it.

I also met Jonathan's boyfriend, Jack, on Saturday night. He's sooo nice! I hope we hang out more in the future because he seems like a fun guy. So...shoutout to Jack! Haha.

SUNDAY: I woke up ridiculously early on Sunday. I texted Ryan to call as soon as he could. He called about 5 seconds later (what a best friend!). I desperately needed to talk to him. And we did, for about 2 hours straight. Then my fatigue hit me like a bus and I just HAD to go back to sleep. I did so for about 2 hours. I had some crazy dreams in those two hours. Some of them were actually pertinent to my life, which scares the shit out of me. Anyway, I woke up at 2:00pm so I could go to Justin's concert.

Well, technically, it was Justin, Amy, Rachelle, X, and a bunch of other people's concert. It was really good! I discovered that I kind of love the sound of an oboe, but I still hate piccolos. After the concert, Amy gave me and Justin a ride back to his room so he could change and we could go to a late lunch.

We ran into Rudi on our way to the caf, so we allowed her to eat with us. Just kidding, we totally wanted her there. We ate for about an hour or so and then Justin and I went back to his room. We chatted for a bit and then we decided that we had work to do and we parted ways.

When I got back to my room, I started thinking about stuff. It was not good. I was on the verge of tears. I decided that I could not wait to talk to Jonathan, so I called him and we went to dinner to talk before Kappa. He made me feel so much better about everything. By the end of dinner, I was laughing and I was almost completely okay with everything. We split up really quick to get our money for Convention and then met up to walk to Dem for our Kappa Kappa Psi meeting. I thought Kappa would make me feel even worse than I was feeling, but it actually helped and made me feel even better. After I got home from Kappa, I was in a pretty good mood. I tried to do my readings for WRA, but I just couldn't because I was so tired. But I managed to read about 10 pages while watching the Olympics until about 2:00am. Then Danielle and I went to bed. But, we ended up talking until about 3:30am. It was actually kind of good that we talked about everything we talked about, which was a lot of stuff. Serious stuff. We finally decided to go to sleep at around 3:52am or something.

MONDAY: I woke up at 6:30am so I could shower and be at WRA by 8:00am. I was so tired. I was falling asleep for the whole class. After class, I went home, checked all my email and social networking sites, and then went right to bed. I slept until 3:15ish. Then I went to Math class.

Math is becoming significantly harder. He's flying through everything. I can't get his notes down as fast as he says them. The material is becoming increasingly more difficult to understand. I'm only getting 50% on quizzes and tests. And we have another quiz on Wednesday. This class is going to kill my GPA, as if it didn't already suck enough what with getting a 1.0 in Econ last semester. I'm really starting to freak out about Math now. Hopefully my friends can help me out. I'd go to office hours, but his teaching method just doesn't work for me. I really hope I can figure something out.

After that class, I went to the Union to maybe get some work done before meeting Justin for dinner. I got no work done, but I was okay with that. I met Justin around 7:15pm in Landon. Kim was there too, so she ate with us. Dinner was pretty good. But, I had to get stuff done and so did Justin, so we parted ways once again. I went to the Union (because they have an unlimited amount of free Mountain Dew). I tried to get my paper going and I kinda did, I just didn't get as far as I wanted to. But, I started thinking about things again and had to talk to Ryan. Then Jess (my Jess, not Keine's) called and invited me to go to Coldstone with her and Zack. I needed to be cheered up, so I went. That was pretty good. Then I went home and called Mark. Ryan called right after I hung up with Mark and I still needed to talk to him about a lot of stuff, so we were on the phone for about an hour and a half. After that, I went on Facebook and such for a while. Then I remembered that I had a bunch of Psych assignments to do, so I did those. And now, at 4:14am, here I am.

I have class at 10:20am tomorrow, but I don't have to get up until 9:30am. I am really anticipating this class because we are learning about things that are incredibly useful in my everyday life. So, I really don't want to sleep through it...again. Then I have Psych which should be boring, but I'm just gonna do my flashcards and take my quizzes, so at least I'll be being productive. After class, I have about 4.5 hours before band starts. I might see if Zack wants to grab a late lunch in Shaw after our classes. When that's done, I'm going straight to my room to finish writing this paper for WRA. Then I have band. After that, I'm hopefully having dinner with Jonathan and Kate. On a side note, I just realized that if Jonathan went by Jon, then I would be having dinner with Jon and Kate tomorrow. Haha. Sorry, anyway, after dinner I'm going to continue writing my paper and I'm staying up and working on it until it's done. Yeah. So, that's my day tomorrow.

But, for now, I must sleep. It's either going to be a very uneventful sleep without dreaming or a very "thoughtful" and "self-discovering" sleep with dreaming. I can just tell. I kind of hope it's the former though. Sleep is for relaxing, not thinking. Well, I'm off to bed.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

Music to listen to:

"Haven't Met You Yet" by Michael Buble'

"Soundtrack to My Life" by Kid Cudi

"Bed" by J. Holiday

"Fallin'" by J. Holiday

"Tears of a Clown" by Smokey Robinson

(That's it. And, yes, that format was inspired by Millie's blog, Spontaneity is Key)

No comments:

Post a Comment