Friday, February 26, 2010

My First Time...

...in the hospital. Get your mind outta the gutter, ya nasty. haha.

This is my second night in the hospital. It has been pretty uneventful. A lot of lying in bed and watching whatever is on TV. And apparently a lot of chatting. lol

I am so hungry, words cannot describe. I have not eaten since 8:00pm on Wednesday. It's 5:00am on Friday now! They won't let me eat because of two reasons. 1) When you eat, the gall bladder contracts to release bile. Bile is an enzyme that aids in digestion. But, I have so many gall stones that when my gall bladder contracts it spits one out, causing me pain and pancreatitis. 2) I have to have surgery tomorrow at some point and they don't let you eat or drink anything at least 8 hours before. Because they can only "squeeze" me in, they don't know what time I'll be getting this done. Therefore, I cannot eat.

Justin stayed with me overnight, thankfully. I had someone to talk to and stay with me for the entire time I've been here. And someone to constantly update the world of Twitter on the status of my health. Every time I woke up, he was on the phone with someone. Although, this "someone" was really only either my mom or Kate. But still.

Kate came to visit me today for a few hours before the concert (in which I was obviously unable to perform). She brought Jimmy John's to 1) feed herself and Justin and 2) torture me because I cannot eat. Just kidding, but not really, but kinda. I'm really glad she came, it means a lot. Anyway, Kate, Justin, and I sat and talked for an hour or so before my parents got here. Then my parents joined the convo for a couple more hours before Kate and Justin left for the concert. I was told to keep them posted on my status.

My parents then decided to go to my room and get some stuff I might need. My phone and computer chargers, for instance. Also, my mom did my laundry for me. Yay for moms and clean clothes! While they were gone, I had the room to myself. I took advantage of this and slept for an hour or two. Well, nurses were coming in sometimes, but other than that, I slept.

When I woke up (at 10:00pm), Justin and Kate were just walking in. They came back! I was so happy that they were there again. My mom arrived with Danielle literally 10 minutes after them. We were chattin' it up for awhile. Then the nurse came in and told us that we had to move to the Parent's Lounge so people could sleep. So, we relocated and carried on with our conversation. They went home around midnight.

I was able to take a shower (thank God!) after we got back to the room. I needed it, trust me. It felt so good to be clean and refreshed. Hot damn, I just love showers!

I got a roommate today. Thankfully, it's not a screaming 2-year-old. She's apparently 14 and prone to seizures during dance class. But, she's done nothing but sleep since she's been here, so that's good. I hope she stays that way tomorrow. haha. And hopefully whatever is wrong with her is nothing serious. Maybe she'll have a name tomorrow too.....

Being hooked up to an IV is the equivalent of drinking 12690 Big Gulps from 7-11. I have to pee at least 3 times an hour. It's ridiculous! I'm not even drinking anything! I've grown used to the feeling of the IV in my hand. It's like another appendage now really. But, when that cord gets caught on something it hurts like a BITCH! I am now very cautious of what I do with my "IV Hand".

I've decided that I'm going to go to sleep now. The small children on this floor will be waking up soon and I can't get to sleep when they're playing and crying all day. So, good night world! (OMG, and as if right on cue, a baby's cry is heard in the distance. Telepathy or something.)

Oh, P.S., I have the most amazing friends EVER! Thank you and I love you to all of them! That is all.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment