Saturday, February 27, 2010

Still Here

It's 6:04am on Saturday morning and I'm still in the hospital. I have no idea why I am awake. I've been trying to sleep since 11:00pm, but can only ever stay asleep for a few hours at a time. It's probably the fact that a nurse comes in and wakes me up every few hours...

Anyway.

Today was the day. The doctors woke me up at around 9:50am to tell me that there was an opening and that I would be going into surgery in about 20 minutes. That was a surprise because they said it almost definitely would not be happening before 2:00pm. But, I texted Justin, Kate, and Danielle right away to let them know (because they told me to). They were as surprised as I was by how quickly I got in and they all wished me luck. The surgical team was really nice. They were all very friendly and joked with me, which I loved. That anesthesia put me out quick. I remember being rolled into the O.R. and them giving me oxygen to breath in while they injected the anesthetic into my IV. The next thing I knew, I was in the recovery room being woken up. I was a little out of it for about 10 minutes, but then I was just hella-tired. My belly hurt where they made the four incisions but they gave me some pain meds and it cooled down a lot. They kept me in the recovery room for about an hour before wheeling me into a brand new room...this time on the Women's floor, so I got to be with grown-ups. When I got there, I just slept for a few hours. My mom called Justin and Danielle to update them while I slept, which I was unaware of because I texted them and Kate when I woke up.

I just laid in bed and watched TV for a couple hours, then I got all kinds of visitors. Justin said that he, Brad, and Hannah would be coming in about a half an hour. Well, when that half an hour rolled around this is who was here: Justin, Hannah, Brad, Keine, and Hannah's friend Ryan. They stayed with me and talked and made gall bladder jokes while my parents left to go get food. They were there for 2-3 hours. Then my parents decided that they were gonna go home to make sure Kaitie hadn't killed Nick. My friends stayed for another 20 minutes or so and they left to go to Amy's to celebrate her audition being over. Kate texted me asking if I knew when I was going home right when the doctors were telling me that they were gonna keep me overnight again. She is such a good friend, she asked if I needed company and told me to tell her if I needed anything (as usual). I didn't want to make her leave whatever she was doing, so I just decided to go to sleep. Speaking of which, I can't believe I fell asleep during Speed Skating. I was kinda mad, but it's whatev.

My arms are now symmetrical. I have bandages where my IV was in both hands and now I have bandages from where they drew blood in both elbow-pits. TWINS!! lol. Hopefully they're done taking blood from me now. I mean, I think it's really cool to watch, but being woken up do get it done is getting a little old.

I'm getting sleepy again, so I think I'm gonna go back to bed while I wait to finally be discharged. And I'd just like to reiterate how amazing my friends are and how much I love them. I know they'll always be there for me.

Hugs and Kisses,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment